Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday Wishes: Autumn's Approach




A cute hairstyle I did a couple of days ago!
As Autumn slowly approaches day by day, I can't help but get excited! I started my first week of school on Monday, and it's rather exciting to finally be a senior. Even though this week, by normal standards, would probably be considered awful,, I'm in pretty good spirits. I started out the week with a horrible allergic reaction to some of my makeup, so I haven't been able to wear any. I forgot how isolating school can be when everyone looks and dresses the same, and you stand out like a sore thumb. (Even with a uniform!) I'm not saying I'm special by any means, sometimes my personality just doesn't ~jive~ with some of the people in my classes. Needless to say I have a wonderful group of friends, though, and it makes up for everything.


These are pictures I took of an outfit around this time last year, which is so strange to think about.


But basically I procrastinated my summer homework, and I've been reading constantly for the past 5 days. I have to read and annotate the Poisonwood Bible, among other things. At first I hated the book, and midway through I started to love it, but now I feel like the ending has just been drawn out. I'll give you more of a review later on! Regardless of my feelings towards the plot itself, it was written beautifully, and it is so full of symbolism and hidden language.

But with fall coming, I can't help but get excited. It has always been my favorite season for so many reasons. I love the crisp air in the mornings, the beautiful colors taking over the world, only to leave Us to a white parallel universe in the later months. It's a magical time that should last the whole year, but if it did, it surely wouldn't be as special.

With an upcoming season comes upcoming fashion! These are some of the items I would love to have in my closet when the temperature drops and the world becomes drenched with oranges and pinks. :)


I absolutely adore the 60s school girl look for the fall. The clean lines and scholarly prints are to die for! This dress wouldbe absolutely perfect with some black over-the-knee socks and some penny loafers.
Luck Be a Lady Dress in Scholar from ModCloth
Source: ModCloth


I love American Apparel, despite the fact they tend to be pricey. When I saw that these high-wasited, wide-leg pants when on sale (50% off!!!!) I jumped on the chance. I can't wait for them to come!

Source: American Apparel
Even though black and white was a really popular trend for the summer, I quite like it in the fall. I think it matches well with a deep pop of color.
White Contrast Collar Polka Dot Chiffon Blouse pictures
Source: Sheinside
I am completely in love with this dress, but for some reason I can't get the picture to format correctly on here! My apologies.

Another ModCloth dress, and I think it's the perfect dress for Fall! It's so delightfully 60s and so delightfully cute.

Source: ModCloth
Wouldn't these socks be darling with some brightly colored crew socks?

Source: Ruche
And that is a comprehensive list of everything I've been loving! I'll probably do many more of these as the autumn season becomes more evident.

But for now, au revoir!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment